This is my own recipe, combining muesli and cake - my two favourite foods! It's had a few requests, so I thought I ought to put it on the website.
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. bicarbonate soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp. syrup
- 100g muesli mix
- A small handful of soft brown sugar
- Heat the oven to 180C/ 160C fan/ gas 4 and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the flour, baking and bicarb powders, and stir in the eggs until smooth. Stir through the muesli and syrup.
- Pour into the tin and smooth the surface. Sprinkle the soft brown sugar on top evenly. Bake for 30 mins. Allow to cool before turning out and slicing.
Serving suggestion: sliced banana.
Optional extra: save some muesli for the topping for an extra crunch.